Friday, August 13, 2010

Quick flower tutorial

 Here it is:

You will need some scraps of fabric, thread, glue and some buttons.
Cut out 5 circles (or as many as you want) - I used a vitamin bottle lid.

Fold in half, iron flat and sew on the round side, about 5mm from the edge.

Cut the bottom open.


Turn it inside out.

Thread it on the bottom using big stitches (preferably of the same colour thread)

Pull the thread tight and start with the next petal.


Thread all 5 petals together on the same piece of thread, add some buttons and TA DA!!!

If you want a more rustic look, you can just fold the circles in half and start threading them together.

I previously posted a link for some flowers - but forgot to tell you that the rounded ones were ones that I adapted from that tut. So here is what I did, there is probably a better way, but I couldn't find anything on the internet, so this is my version:) let me know if you make any - I'd love to see!
 

1 comments:

Ina-Mari said...

YAY! I love this! My flowers always end up looking a bit..well..weird. Definitely gonna try this!